Trying to update a little bit our old entry of 2016 (and taking advantage of the fresh information in my head), We complete all the documentation about the display of reviews of our Ecommerce in Shopping. How? By enabling a feed fromProduct Ratings at Merchant Center.
The thing has not undergone a sudden change since then, but if you read it correctly, at that time it was not yet enabled in Spain. (fortunately, this is no longer the case!)
First: Do we work with a Google Partner on our Ecommerce PR?
Although the information in this old post is still completely correct, we believe that it is time to expand it a little. Right now, the partners recognized by Google in this regard are:
- ECã ã
- Feedback Company
- Shopper Approved
- Trusted Shops
- Verified Reviews
What if our supplier is not on this list? We enable a Product Ratings feed in Shopping
We then have several possibilities:
As we explained in 2016, one of them is. upload a Feed.Faced with this, it may be that more than one developer is a little lost. For this reason, we leave you the link to Support Help in order to configure it. Then, in the Merchant Center Administrator account, we must enable the option of Reviews on Products by means of a form:
Of course, at this point, we can enable either Product ratingsas Customer reviews. From our experience, Google's response is very fast. And finally, all we have to do is upload the Product Ratings feed in our Merchant Center account to start displaying our 5***** extension
2.We may also be interested in qualifications and product reviews by means of Google Customer Reviews (GCR). This new feature has recently been added to the program. For this we must have enabled the previous option that we mentioned before: Customer reviews at Merchant Center.
Now, more complete, this system has five strong points and is fully free of charge:
- Qualifications of the seller. They use survey responses to provide ratings for the sites.
- User reviews badge.
- Qualifications of products.
- Customer reviews of Google Opt-in. The option to subscribe to users once they complete the purchase, so they can then receive the survey about the experience on the web. All the Google Help to implement it is in this link.
- User review survey. Short and completely optional.
Finally, we have compiled some fundamental data:
- In the Shopping ads, the star rating is displayed if there are 3 or more product reviews.
- These ratings are only related to the products. To rate the shopping experience, we have the GCR program.
- Star ratings are not always displayed. They appear when Google's system determines that your information is accurate and relevant to buyers' needs.
Did you count on all these possibilities? Do you consider that product reviews influence the conversion rate? Do you need help to implement it in your ecommerce? Don't hesitate to contact us, or keep reading us on our blog and social networks! We will be happy to receive your feedback.