To the surprise of many, the Tik Tok social network has become a great opportunity for advertisers looking to advertise. Download figures already surpassing Twitter and Snapchat. Currently, it is less saturated with ads than other social networks, since we are talking about an innovative advertising option that has been with us for a very short time.
Here are some curious facts.
- In the United States, the 52% of users use Iphone.
- The 44% are women and the 56% men.
- The 41% of users have between 16 and 24 years old.
- Its daily use is 52 minutes per day per person.
If you are still in doubt... Is Tik Tok advertising right for my business?
If young people are one of the strengths of your business, Tik Tok ads could become a great investment. 66% of the users are under 30 years of age, Therefore, it is not a suitable platform for companies with a target audience focused on users over 30 years of age.
However, everything changes, and although today's audience is predominantly young people, social networks tend to be adopted by younger audiences first, but as the years go by, they may make their mark on more than a few older demographics.
So read on, even if Tik Tok isn't the most successful channel for your business right now, it's a good idea to learn about it so you're prepared.
Do you have the budget to advertise on Tik Tok?
Because advertising on this social network is new and still somewhat strange, campaigns require a minimum investment of 50 euros per day and Tik Tok points out that you should start with a large enough investment to get the expected results. Therefore, they may not be very suitable for your business if you are looking for more affordable advertising options.
Now you know a little more about Tik Tok, but what kind of ad formats does Tik Tok advertising offer?
If you think that Tik Tok is a good alternative for advertising in your company, the first thing you should know is the formats that currently exist to start creating.
In feed: They allow you to tell the story of your brand by posing as a "Tik-Toker". They will appear in the organic feed and in the For You tab of the platform. 60 seconds and automatic playback. Users will be able to like, comment or even share your ad.
Brand MakeOver: Large format ads. Appears when the user opens the application. Limited to one advertiser per day. Static or dynamic content and between 3 and 5 seconds.
Hashtag Challenge: Generate viral challenges to users based on a Hashtag attributed to your brand. The ad encourages users to repeat the action by sharing their video with the hashtag associated to the campaign. Take advantage of the virality and the power of the platform's content.
Branded effects/Branded Lenses: Filters for video formats associated exclusively with your brand.
Top View: Showcase your brand in the best visible location on Tik Tok. Allows you to post videos up to 60 seconds in full screen. No distractions and with sound and automatic playback.
Well, we have almost everything, now we just need to create our first Tik Tok Ads campaign. We will explain the first steps.
- Go to the main page of Tik Tok Ads for Business.
- Create your advertising account in simple steps and in two minutes you will be ready to start advertising on the Tik Tok social network.
- Implement an account payment method. (IMPORTANT!) You must have your account verified and properly approved in order to link to your Business Center.
- Create and install the pixel. This way you will be able to track the sales performance generated by the campaigns, especially important for all conversion campaigns. Here you can download Tik Tok Pixel Helper.
- After completing the first steps of the account setup. Go to Create Campaigns. Tik Tok will offer, as we are used to from other social networks, a division between campaign, ad group and ads.
- Select a campaign objective and set a budget. (REMEMBER!) Tik Tok does not offer the possibility (for now) to invest less than 50 euros per day.
- Select the locations in sites, segmentations and details of the campaign. It is important to know which Tik Tok allows you to create customized audiences in several ways. Get the most out of your business by segmenting by customer contact data, website visits, application activity or interaction with ads. Keep in mind that the minimum size of your audience should be at least 1000 users.
- Design your ad.
As you can see, getting into Tik Tok Ads is very easy, but getting out is not so easy. However, before taking the first steps, it is essential to ask yourself if Tik Tok is really ideal for your business. And you, do you dare to enter the Tik Tok world?