The most important event of the year for ecommerce is here: Black Friday. It is said that this sales phenomenon marks the kick-off of Christmas shopping. If this is true, sales may reach much higher figures this year considering that Black Friday is on November 29 and Cyber Monday is on December 2, just over twenty days before Christmas.
Spain is in the Top 3 in this global event that grows every year in number of consumers, in average spending per customer and in investment by companies seeking to reach all users and get sales. To achieve the best results and get users to opt for us, we must have everything ready because, according to the figures, on Black Friday customers do not decide anything, they just buy. That is, before the day arrives, they have already searched for products, made the necessary comparisons and decided what to buy.
We want you to succeed
Your SEM manager will already be creating and adapting all the structure of your account for Black Friday and your SEO manager will be working all your web content with keywords, web usability, headings, menus, etc., but it is necessary that you have made a previous forecast for your ecommerce. Here are some tips that, if you follow them, you will be closer to achieve great results.
- Don't save your strategies. Your manager must be informed about everything. The ads must have the right information about your offers.
- Don't get caught by the bull. Make a forecast of stock, space and sufficient staff for these dates. Above all, be realistic.
- Leave your web site nickel-plated. Make a previous check of your website because it is most likely that during the days leading up to Black Friday more traffic than usual will come in.
- Creativity to the power. Work and take care of the image of your website with banners, countdowns, specific landings, etc.
- More days, more sales. Black Friday has been extended beyond Friday. Prepare promotions for the days before and the weekend after. Customers are only looking for discounts on those days.
- Mobile friendly. Check that the mobile version of your website is optimized and allows you to easily make purchases through this device. According to the data, 60% of user consumption is on mobile, while 39.7% is on PC.
- Play with the mind. It creates a sense of urgency or scarcity in the consumer to encourage purchase.
- On-line attention. Instantly solve users' doubts. Don't leave it for another time because it may be too late.
- Be clear and direct. Allow the user to easily see and understand the purchase, shipping and return policies you offer.
- Keep an eye on your neighbor. Be attentive and react to your competitors' strategy.
- Let no one escape. Try everything you can to build loyalty among users who have purchased from your store.
If you have all this under control, it is very likely that the results will be positive. And after fulfilling your resolutions, don't get discouraged if sales drop a little, after these discount dates it can happen. Even so, don't let your guard down and keep working together with your SEO and SEM manager because another key date is coming soon: Christmas and the January sales.